Thursday, October 6, 2016

OAK LEAVES

Oak leaves in the sunset,
pleasant memory of summer,
now dried and brittle,
my dog crushes them underfoot.

22 July, 2016


I AM MADE OF HUMAN HISTORY

I am made of human history,
and prehistory runs in my veins.
When all skin was dark,
I walked naked in the forest,
knowing only plants and the stars.
I have been a healer,
an astrologer, a seer,
far too many times
to count, carrying
with me the knowledge
of generations.

Prejudices and pogroms
have ruled my life
many times and in
many places.
To be other than ignorant
was often a crime,
and intuition then
had to be hidden.

I've spoken your languages
and learned your alphabets,
I've heard your old stories
made into religions,
tiresome and toxic indoctrination,
but my thoughts and intuitions
go back farther than those,
to that dark forest,
and they continue
to be
mine.

6 August 2016


[portunhol surenho]

ESTOY ACÁ

Estoy acá,
sempre he estado
acá, y quizá
sempre vo está
acá.
Vocé, també.

I am here,
I have always
been here,
and perhaps
I will always
be here.
You, too.

3 de agosto 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment