Tuesday, October 4, 2016

COTTING ON THE BOARDS

Sally with your long, dark hair,
Sally with your eyes so bright,
Sally with your lovely smile,
We'll be cotting on the boards tonight.

And I may kiss you on the cheek,
More I cannot do,
For I know you love a woman,
And I know she loves you, too.

[Sally with your long, dark hair...]

And we shall share our lovely dreams,
But we'll do nothing more
Than give us each a fond embrace,
Though I've loved you from afar.

[Sally with your long, dark hair...]

Oh Stephen, my sweet Stephen,
You surely must do more.
Lucy and I shall have a son,
A boy with curly hair,
And if you love me, you'll help us there,
Yes if you love me, you'll help us there.

[Sally with your long, dark hair...]

7/10/15

Copyright © 2016 by Donald C. Traxler


No comments:

Post a Comment