Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Nirvana Shatakam of Shankara - English Translation Only (new)

 

I am neither mind nor intelligence nor ego nor memory,

neither ears nor tongue nor nose nor eyes.

Neither am I the sky nor the earth, nor fire nor wind.

In the form of blissful consciousness, I am Shiva, I am Shiva.  1


I am neither to be understood as prana nor as the five kinds of breath,

nor the seven materials nor the five sheaths;

neither am I the organs of speech, elimination, motion, grasping, or procreation.

In the form of blissful consciousness, I am Shiva, I am Shiva.  2


I am not affected by aversion or attachment, I have neither greed nor delusion,

neither egotism nor jealousy.

I have no duty nor objects of desire nor desire itself nor liberation.

In the form of blissful consciousness, I am Shiva, I am Shiva.  3


I am neither virtue nor vice, neither pleasure nor pain,

neither mantra nor holy shrine, neither scriptures nor sacrifices.

Neither am I enjoyment nor its object, nor the enjoyer.

In the form of blissful consciousness, I am Shiva, I am Shiva.  4


I have neither death nor its fear, neither caste nor its distinctions,

nor have I father or mother, or any birth.

I have neither relations nor friends, neither guru nor disciple.

In the form of blissful consciousness, I am Shiva, I am Shiva.  5


I am without change, I am without form.

Permeating the basis of all, I am everywhere and behind all the senses.

I am always in equilibrium, and have neither liberation nor attachment.

In the form of blissful consciousness, I am Shiva, I am Shiva.  6




Image and English translation Copyright © 2021 by Donald C. Traxler aka Nagna, ꭴᏸꮈꭽ.




No comments:

Post a Comment