Saturday, February 24, 2018

About blogspot/Blogger (feedback welcome)

Blogs such as this one, with a "blogspot" domain, are created using a Google site called "Blogger." Things I like about it: 1) It's easy to get started; 2) it has a large user base: 3) the pages have a clean, simple look. Things I don't like: 1) It lacks many features, especially a way to subscribe to a blog without following the creator of the blog on Google Plus.

Unfortunately, Google seems to have put Blogger in the service of Google Plus, probably to increase the user base of the latter.

I mention all this because I'm feeling restless here, and may opt for a different hosting solution for my poetry blog. If you have any ideas or experience from which I might benefit in making this decision, please put your feedback into a comment ("comentario") to this blog entry, or send it to me in an e-mail (exolinguist at gmail dot com). Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment