Friday, April 21, 2017



PSALM 6

Do not rebuke me,
O Lord,
in your anger,
or sweep me away
in your fury.
Have mercy on me,
O Lord,
for I am weak.
Heal me, O Lord,
for my bones are troubled
and my soul is sorely
distressed.
But you, O Lord--
how long?

Turn to me, O Lord,
snatch up my soul,
save me in your mercy,
for who remembers you
in death,
or praises you
in Sheol?

Nightly I water
my bed with my weeping,
I drench the bedclothes
with my tears.
My eyes are dark
from bitterness,
aged by my enemies.

Away from me
all who work injustice,
for the Lord has heard
the sound of my weeping.
The Lord has heard
my petition,
The Lord has accepted
my prayer.
May my enemies blush
and be much disturbed,
quickly retreating
in their shame.

Translation © 2015 by Donald C. Traxler



No comments:

Post a Comment