Friday, April 21, 2017



PSALM 5

Hear my words, O Lord,
give heed to my cry,
hear the sound of my prayer,
my King and my God,
for it is to you
that I pray.

In the morning you hear
my voice, O Lord,
at daybreak I plead
my case, and wait.

For you are not a God
who is pleased by iniquity,
nor can evildoers
dwell with you,
nor the impious
stand in your sight.
You have hated all
who practice injustice,
you doom those who lie.
The Lord abhors
the bloodthirsty and
the deceitful.

But I, by your great grace,
will enter your house,
I will prostrate myself
toward your holy temple,
in awe of you, O Lord.
Lead me in your righteousness
because of my enemies,
and make straight your way
before me.

For in the mouth of these
there is no sincerity,
their heart is full of malice,
their throat is an open grave,
with their tongue they practice deceit.

Punish them O God,
let them fall by their own counsels.
Drive them out for their many crimes,
for against you
they have rebelled.

But let all those rejoice
who take refuge in you,
may they be forever joyful.
Protect and give joy
to those who love
your name.
For you bless the just, O Lord,
you surround them
with your favor
like a shield.

Translation © 2015 by Donald C. Traxler



No comments:

Post a Comment