Tuesday, February 22, 2022

My Return to Film Photography - XII

 OK, the first order of business today is something I promised about a week ago: I said that I would compare, as fairly as I could, a couple of digital images with their re-creations on film. Here is the first:




The upper image is the digital one, while the lower one was shot on film. I would have to go with the one shot on film. Here is the second pose:




Again, the upper image is the digital one, while the lower one was shot on film. Again, I prefer the one shot on film. It is also true that the digital images lack resolution. I shot them at 4 MP, which was clearly not enough to go up against film.

In my previous instalment in this series, I posted some selfies shot in medium format, using a 28" cable release. This limited the distance from the subject (me) to the film plane to about 38". I decided to try the same thing in 35mm, with the AE-1. Here are a few images:












Next time, we'll put the Canon EOS Rebel 2000 through its paces, with some general-purpose film photography. In the meantime, shoot film, if you can!

(to be continued)


Text and images Copyright © 2022 by Donald C. Traxler aka Donald Jacobson Traxler.


No comments:

Post a Comment