Thursday, December 31, 2020

102 Thousand Visits, and Many Pirates

 



Does anything look strange to you about the graphic above? It's a listing of the top sources of visits to this blog in the last twenty-four hours. Thirty-two of the thirty-four visits from the US were by a known pirate. But the 800-plus visits from Sweden were by an even bigger pirate. Only Sweden and Japan appear to have the capability of such rapid harvesting of my work. But I can't worry my head about it, at least not now. I say let them fight it out among themselves and try to make a profit off of what I give away free.

Overnight, total visits to the blog went from 101,613 to 102,484. Normally, two or three hundred visits would be a very big day. This is ridiculous.

My "Upanishad" series ended at ninety-one parts. It could be extended in the future, but at the moment this is all I have to say.

I have started a new series, "Notes on the Zohar," which is currently at four parts. I expect that there will be many more parts. This is writing that I enjoy doing, with some personal touches.

The poem that I posted this morning, came to me between 4:00 and 5:00 a,m,, which is the "witching hour" for such things. I did not include any dedicatory line, thinking that the subject was pretty obvious. It was inspired by Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach, whom I met and from whom I received "The Rebbe's Kiss" in 1966 or '67. He was the most charismatic man I ever met, and made a huge impression on me, a very positive one. May his memory be for a blessing.

As usual, thanks to all of you for your continued interest and enthusiasm.






Text Copyright © 2020 by Donald C. Traxler aka Donald Jacobson Traxler. Photo by my cousin Fergus McCarthy, of Midleton, Cork, Ireland.


No comments:

Post a Comment