Friday, February 21, 2020

Journal of a Naked Poet XVI - My Nudity

My nudity is very precious to me, and I make no apologies for it. Still, some explanation may be in order.

I live in Florida, a state that has about thirty-four nudist communities and resorts. Sixteen or seventeen of them are in Pasco County, where we live. But we do not live in a clothing-optional community. We chose our house for several reasons, among them the chain-link fence for the dog, and the privacy screen of trees in back, for me.

I wish I could be naked all the time, but at present that is not in the cards. If I go shopping, I put some clothes on. If we have visitors who are not nudists, I wear clothes out of respect for their preferences. I try not to force my nudity on anyone. But if it's just Sandy, Betty, and me, I'm almost always naked.

"Why?" you may ask. I have a veritable basketful of reasons:

1) It's more comfortable.

2) I get a lot more sun, which I believe is very necessary to good health.

3) When it comes to laundry, it's much more efficient, and better for the environment.

4) Less air-conditioning is needed (also good for the environment).

5) I enjoy it, and feel more like myself.

6) Here's the biggie: Florida, at least this part of it, has very high humidity (usually more than 90%). This humidity, especially when accompanied by Florida's heat, causes me to get heat / humidity rashes in the groin areas. This is a problem that I first had in Barcelona, which is also quite humid. The best protection against this condition is to wear as little clothing as possible, especially in that area, in order to provide adequate ventilation to the body.

In addition to the above good and cogent reasons, I seem to intuit that my nudity is helpful psychically and mentally--in other words, I feel that it is protecting me on that level too, although I can't prove it. Maybe it just fosters whatever sanity I still have left. Or perhaps it just keeps intolerant and small-minded people away.

But for you, I would be happy to throw on a bathrobe or some Bermuda shorts. Naturally, they'll disappear the minute that you're gone.






Text and image © 2020 by Donald C. Traxler aka Donald Jacobson Traxler.

No comments:

Post a Comment