Thursday, January 23, 2020

75,000 Visits to This Blog

As I write this, we are crossing the threshold of 75,000 visits in this poetry / photography blog. Looking back to October 2016, when I started the blog, I must say that I would not have expected such a response. There are now loyal readers in many countries and on every continent except Antarctica (I'm hoping for that one, too).

The blog is still mainly poems with illustrations from my own photography. Over the years it has included disquisitions on nudity, lessons in the Udugi language, and writings on the Synoptic Problem, along with various other ruminations. Recently though, something new has appeared: my own memoirs.

Several of my friends have asked me to write memoirs (while there is still time to do so). For some years I've been resistant, just not wanting to focus on my own personal life. Now though, it seems that something has changed. Perhaps greater age has given me more perspective. Also, having lost many friends, I am increasingly aware of my own mortality. I will, therefore, pursue this project as far as I can, and I'll do it here, in this blog.

As always, I would like to thank you all for your continued interest and enthusiasm. I will try to live up to your expectations, Thank you, merci, gracias, obrigado, wadó, ꮹꮩ.






Text and image © 2020 by Donald Jacobson Traxler.

No comments:

Post a Comment