Sunday, August 4, 2019

Janis in the Window

Janis was singing
in the open window,
her window,
I'd often passed that way.
I forgot she shouldn't
be there--seemed OK.
Looking inside,
there were others with her,
probably Mimi and Richard,
Jimi, Amy,
and ol' Hank, I'd say,
looking all of twenty-seven,
if a day.
But it wasn't her house,
the one I knew,
it was now
a café.
And they were jammin',
that day.
I ordered a meal
from a tall blonde,
the owner, I'd say.
The food was great--
I asked if it was hers,
she showed me the recipe,
and it was blank.
She offered me
a malt of Lethe,
I asked for something in it,
if you know what I mean.
They'd lose their license, she said,
but then, bottle in hand,
(brandy, I'd say,)
"We know who you are,
I guess it would be okay."
But I said no,
not today,

and went on
my way.


https://youtu.be/azYCMyEvp34



Text and image © 2019 by Donald C. Traxler.

1 comment:

Jacopo Serafinelli said...

This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend, the end
Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I’ll never look into your eyes, again.
Jim Morrison
°°°°°
27 è stato il loro confine ! Così hanno voluto e così è stato !
Un pensiero a tutti loro !

Jacopo

Post a Comment