Saturday, December 1, 2018

Psalm 61

Psalm 61

Hear my petition, O God,
give ear to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
when my heart is in darkness:
lead me to a refuge that is higher than myself.
For you have been a shelter to me,
a tower of strength against the enemy.
I will abide in your dwelling forever:
I will take refuge in the shelter of your wings.

For you, O God, have heard my prayer:
you have given me the heritage
of those who revere your name.
You will add to the king's days,
and make his years as generations.
He shall abide before God forever.
Pour forth mercy and truth,
that they may watch over him.

So I will sing praise to your name forever,
that I may daily fulfill my vows.


Translation Copyright © 2018 by Donald Traxler






No comments:

Post a Comment