Thursday, November 29, 2018

Translating Psalm 61 - I

This blog post assumes the following previous posts have been read:

When Translation Becomes Tikkun        28 Nov. 2018

When Translation Becomes Tikkun - II  28 Nov. 2018

When Translation Becomes Tikkun - III 29 Nov. 2018


If you haven't already read the above, related posts, please do. It's all part of the story of producing a correct translation of Psalm 61,

The word "tikkun" (תִקּוּן) = repair (n.), but to me it means a little more. I see it as renewal and restoration to original, pristine condition. In this translation we will try to do nothing less.

So let's get started.


Psalm 61

Hear my petition, O God,
give ear to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
when my heart is in darkness

(to be continued)






No comments:

Post a Comment