Thursday, January 25, 2018

The End of the Gymniad Series?

Is Gymniad LII the last poem in the Gymniad series? Perhaps. My only model is a rather tired 75-year-old man, I'm running out of poses, and I think I've said most of what I wanted to say on the subject of natural nudity. I think it's an important subject, so I may revisit it in some form in the future. It has been a very successful series, but I think it may be time to move on.

I offer two photographs for your consideration, both taken while on a trip to Ireland in June of 2016. The first, fully clothed, was taken on a bench behind a house that was once owned by members of my grandmother's family.



It is, as you might expect, a picture that has great meaning for me.


The second, nude, was taken on the same trip, in the bathroom of a hotel room just a few feet away.



The second photograph is also very meaningful to me, and as a matter of fact it inspired the first poem I wrote on the subject of nudity.

Both pictures have deep meaning for me. The point, though, is that there are many things to write about besides nudity, I intend to write about as many of them as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment